In October of 2012, the Enterprise Systems Upgrade Program kicked off one of the largest technology upgrades in University history. Eventually called The Upgrade, the program would update University technology; streamline human resources, student services, and financial systems procedures; implement a new portal; and enhance the University's reporting capabilities.
After months of user input, business process analysis, user experience design, and comprehensive testing, the University successfully launched the upgraded systems this past April. Since then, the U has been able to utilize new software functionality, explore operational changes and efficiencies, and learn more about the improved user experience in the new MyU. While major milestones remain, we have witnessed a number of successes:
- Cutover from legacy systems without unplanned business interruptions
- 50,000 users logged into the new systems on the first day
- Successfully deployed the new MyU and Reporting Center; connected over 700 tertiary and linked systems into the new core system
- Processed first new payroll for faculty and staff
- Over 40,000 instances of users accessing training for the new systems